Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What’s this all about?

As a Market Researcher by profession, I tend to pay special attention to advertising all around me; where most people have developed ad blindness, I tend to pick up on really terrible ads everywhere.

This is a real nuisance as it annoys the crap out of me. Not only this but it saddens me that these ads went through all sorts of approvals, sign offs and money exchanged hands in order to make them happen. Do marketers these days have no faith in my generation?

Actually, as long as shows like Idol exist, I have no faith in not only my generation  but most of the human race, it seems you could lay a trail of Bieber’s hair into the  Weser River and save yourself the hassle of hiring a Piper these days. For this reason  it seems advertisers have become slack and unimaginative, muddled their target  market, and gone for the throat of the lowest common denominator.

So, in an effort to minimise my decaying sanity due to these advertisements, I thought it best to share some of these with the world in the hope that fewer terrible ads are made!

Welcome to my blog, make yourself comfortable and join me in looking at how advertising affects us, some great examples of marketing, and calling out marketing efforts which any idiot could have come up with.

11 comments:

  1. thanks for following me i like your blog. i know what you mean by bad ads do you think sometimes companies will make bad ads just to have you double take and watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to see new bloggers with interesting subjects.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your blog goes well, seemingly you know what you're talking about. Get some advertising tips up for sure - love to read them, maybe increase my blogs visors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice, I think I'm going to like your blog. Tip: change the layout to something you made yourself, this is so standard. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah im always keen to read some tips. just stick with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems your blog is going to be interesting.
    Actually I feel like financial success among internet website are just like TV : the worse it goes, the more it earns.
    I'll come back around here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the blog, I'll be keeping tabs. What do you do to try and get through to people like myself, who absolutely hate ads that aren't top notch, and have essentially given up on TV and radio entirely just to get away from them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like an interesting concept. Hope to hear more from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog, quite interested. Never read anything about ads yet, will follow.

    ReplyDelete